- As a side note I’ve been hacked this week by someone or something. Scary, yeah I know, luckily the hacker didn’t manage to produce a lot of damage. That’s why you should always keep backups kids! note to self: write a post on this.
- Blogstorm just released a wonderful new Wordpress plugin, that’s sure to do wonders among affiliate marketers. Basically what the plugin does is it converts long tail keywords that users used to find your blog in a major search engine and turn them into affiliate links (Amazon or eBay or whatever). I’m really exited about this one, as it’s monetization capabilities are immense.
- Congrats to Adnan and all the fine folks from Blogtreptreneur for hitting the important milestone of 1000 RSS subscribers.
- Chris Garett wrote a post this week that I just loved and enjoy reading, apart from being extremely insightful. The post is called how to get more bookmarks and better links and concentrates more upon the visitor side. Meaning we as bloggers should also consider the visitors psychology and what makes bookmark your posts; put yourself in your visitor’s shoes for a while and you’ll be reveled a lot of interesting things.
- Yaro Starack defines pillar articles, explains why they are vital for any blog’s evolution and development and makes a guide on how to write your own pillar content.
- Kevin Ott compiled a great resource, for Pureblogging, of 16 blog posts that revolve around how to write and improve as a writer. Read all of the posts religiously and you’ll experience better blogging skills.
- A very interesting question that was pondered this week was by Skellie, who asks whether subscribers are overated? She concludes that indeed subscribers are a key sign that tells if a blog’s successful or not, but that they are far too valued by advertisers.
- Andy Bear reveals 7 Stumbleupon bugs that he’d like to see fixed. You and me buddy, especially the search feature.
- Over at ProBlogger, Daniel from DBT took things over from Darren a bit and answered some of the reader’s questions. When faced with the question of how to find advertisers for private ad sales, Daniel did a exceptional job and gave a solid answer, that more or less turned into a genuine blog post.
The Sunday Quickies: 10 February by Tibi Puiu, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
- Blogging in a Twitter World: Is There Any Room For Both?
- Why Perfectionism Can Be Harmful: The 80/20 Rule of Blogging
- Why An Ad Free Blog Rocks!
- The Homeric Way of Blogging: Storytelling
- Images: An Essential Part of Any Blog Post
- Cut Out The Middle Man: Direct Blog Ad Sales
- The 10 Commandments of Unique Blogging
- The Comment Etiquette: The Guide to Proper Blog Commenting
- 22 Essential Habits Towards Blogging Success
- 10 Easy Ways to Get in The Habit of Blogging
Why should I donate?