A blog is like someone’s home. Behave well and respectful and you’ll be greeted in the same manner. Be rude and offensive and in return you’ll be soon given the boot. In term, when commenting on any of Lost Art of Blogging’s posts, please be polite and respectful towards the blogger and fellow commentators. Here’s a few guidelines you need to follow, not only to get your comment posted on the blog, but to become a better overall blog commentator as well.
- Be respectful. Don’t use fowl language, when commenting and show some respect for the blog, blogger and fellow readers. You may encounter an article that may upset you to a certain degree. You can certainly speak out your mind about the subject and politely criticize the post, in a creative fashion, but don’t start any flame wars with the blogger or fellow commentators or you’ll get your comment deleted. If you’re provoked by another commentator, don’t respond, I’ll make sure I deal with him. Just be courteous and you’ll have loads of fun.
- Be succinct. Make your comments short and to the point or else you’ll get ignored. People don’t want to read ramblings and hundreads of words long comments.
- Be contributive. Comments like “hey! great post” or “thank you!” will not be tolerated. Please add value to your comments and contribute to the discussions or else you’ll just be labeled as a spammer and of course in term you’ll get your comment deleted.
- Be on topic. Don’t ramble and talk about “the latest trends in Milan” when the subject at hand is about twitter. It’s true many things are connected, but please keep it at its limits.
- Use your real name or pseudonym. Don’t post comments with a keyword or fake name. You may comment with a blog’s title as long as you own it.
- Be careful when linking. Link only to related articles in the comment field. Do not link back to your blog at the end of your comment, as a signature. Do so and I’ll be forced to delete the link. You already have a link back to your blog’s URL when you complete the URL field.
If you don’t follow these simple guidelines you’ll risk getting your comment deleted. If you repetitively and regularly break these rules, then you risk getting banned from the blog.
- Blogging in a Twitter World: Is There Any Room For Both?
- Why Perfectionism Can Be Harmful: The 80/20 Rule of Blogging
- Why An Ad Free Blog Rocks!
- The Homeric Way of Blogging: Storytelling
- Images: An Essential Part of Any Blog Post
- Cut Out The Middle Man: Direct Blog Ad Sales
- The 10 Commandments of Unique Blogging
- The Comment Etiquette: The Guide to Proper Blog Commenting
- 22 Essential Habits Towards Blogging Success
- 10 Easy Ways to Get in The Habit of Blogging
Why should I donate?